- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Quest for Civil Rights: C. Bruce Bailey, Sr.
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Civil rights--South Carolina
Segregation in education--Law and legislation
Segregation--Law and legislation
Civil rights movement
University of South Carolina
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- motion pictures (visual works)
- SCAR T-16: C. Bruce Bailey, Sr. Col, Sound, 29 minutes. C. Bruce Bailey, Sr. is interviewed by Dr. Grace Jordan McFadden of the University of S. C. Bailey, the grandson of reconstruction Congressman Paris Simkins, recalls his grandfather. Bailey describes the student strike at Benedict College in the 1930s. He discusses his application to University of South Carolina Law School in the 1930's, the denial of admission, and the subsequent law suit against the school. Note: from the series "Quest for Human / Civil Rights - Oral Recollections of Black South Carolinians."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright University of South Carolina. All rights reserved.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections