- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Demonstrations to protest Orangeburg Massacre--outtakes
- Creator Name WNOK-TV
- Contributor to Resource:
- WNOK 1505
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Orangeburg Massacre, Orangeburg, S.C., 1968
- United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- African-American students walk up State House steps. Scenes of students occupying office. Various scenes of students sitting on Capitol steps with signs critical of Governor Robert McNair. Shots of students crowded into Rotunda. Student protest marchers. The demonstration was sponsored by the Black Awareness Coordinating Committee (BACC) and led by Wayne Curtis in response to the Orangeburg Massacre on February 8, 1968.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- 16mm. Silent. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Silent. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections