- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Thurmond on civil rights proposals--handout
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights
Civil rights--Law and legislation
United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Thurmond, Strom, 1902-2003
- United States, 39.76, -98.5
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Senator Strom Thurmond (South Carolina) on proposed civil rights legislation. He refers to the proposals as "unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise," and makes comparison to Reconstruction. Thurmond states the South should stand against these proposals.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Variable-area optical. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections