- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Charleston civil rights demonstrations--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Civil rights demonstrations
Civil rights movements
African Americans--Civil rights
- United States, South Carolina, Charleston County, 32.74917, -79.94202
United States, South Carolina, Charleston County, Charleston, 32.77657, -79.93092
- motion pictures (visual works)
- The summer of 1963 marked the "Charleston Movement" with various demonstrations peacefully protesting low wages, lack of employment opportunities and the boycotting of segregated facilities as part of the Civil Rights Movement. A policeman is shown directing traffic around a march. Scenes of the protesters marching on King Street in Charleston, South Carolina is shown and scenes outside of a church with groups of protesters and ministers.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Silent. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Silent. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections