- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- L. Mendel Rivers and others on urban renewal--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Government spending policy
Economic assistance, Domestic--United States
- Rivers, L. Mendel (Lucius Mendel), 1905-1970
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
- motion pictures (visual works)
- L. Mendel Rivers speaking at a podium. Scenes of speakers speaking to an unidentified group of people, primarily African-American. Unidentified man being interviewed from the United States Chamber of Commerce, says it is an advantage to business to improve the living conditions of the poor. However, some poverty funds are not being used efficiently. It was probably filmed in South Carolina. Note: Beginning 30 seconds are silent. From reel dated "week ending 65-10-16."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Variable-area optical. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections