- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Clarendon County desegregation suit (Briggs v. Elliott)--outtakes
- Contributor to Resource:
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
Segregation in education--Law and legislation
Clarendon County (S.C.)
Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
- Briggs, Harry, -1986
Briggs, Eliza, -1998
De Laine, Joseph A. (Joseph Armstrong), 1898-1974
- United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Renee Carter interviews an unidentified man about his participation in the Clarendon County desegregation suits (Briggs v. Elliott). The lawsuit was later incorporated into Brown v. Board of Education. Speaks on the white community reaction to the suits and that black teachers could be fired for signing suit petitions. Speaks on the difficulties faced by African-American students trying to integrate white schools. Describes the fight over "Freedom of Choice." Also includes various scenes of Harry Briggs being photographed outside "Scott's Branch" school. See also: AWAR 20, 21, 23, and 131.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. Color. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Magnetic. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections