- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Young visits South Carolina--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- United States. Office of Economic Opportunity
National Urban League
- Young, Whitney M.
- United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, 33.90233, -81.27219
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Whitney Young, Executive Director of the Urban League and others tours the Camp Fornance (now Earlewood neighborhood) and Arthurtown Neighborhood OEO (Office of Economic Opportunity) Service Centers. Young answers questions during press conference, mentioning depression by South Carolina's obsession with state's rights. Young notes that despite being relatively poor, South Carolina refuses to accept federal funds that could be used to improve housing conditions.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. B&W. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Magnetic. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections