- Civil rights films from USC's moving image research collections
- Busbee on Lamar violence--outtakes
- Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections
- Date of Original:
- School integration
- United States, South Carolina, Lexington County, 33.90233, -81.27219
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, 34.0218, -80.90304
United States, South Carolina, Richland County, Columbia, 34.00071, -81.03481
- motion pictures (visual works)
- Cyril Busbee, State Superintendant of Education comments on Lamar violence. He condemns those who resorted to violence. These comments refer to the Lamar riots on March 3, 1970, when approximately 150-200 white men and women rioted in a violent response to court-ordered desegregation in Lamar, South Carolina. Rioters attacked buses carrying elementary to high school aged children, fought with law enforcement officers, and overturned two empty school buses that students had recently fled.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- Copyright Moving Image Research Collections. All rights reserved. For further information please contact University of South Carolina, Moving Image Research Collections, Columbia, SC 29208.
- Film: 16mm. Sound. Color. Reversal: positive. 1.37:1 (Academy). Magnetic. Acetate.
- Original Collection:
- Civil Rights Films from Moving Image Research Collections
- Contributing Institution:
- University of South Carolina. South Carolina Political Collections
University of South Carolina. Moving Image Research Collections