- New Georgia Encyclopedia
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthplace
- Contributor to Resource:
- Image provided by Wally Gobetz
- Date of Original:
- Historic buildings--Georgia--Atlanta
Queen Anne revival (Architecture)--Georgia--Atlanta
Signs and signboards--Georgia--Atlanta
African Americans--Civil rights--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlanta (Ga.)--Buildings, structures, etc.
Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site (Atlanta, Ga.)
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968
King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968--Birthplace
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- Martin Luther King Jr. was born in an upstairs room of this two-story Queen Anne-style house on January 15, 1929. He lived here, at 501 Auburn Avenue, until 1941.
Photograph of the birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr. in Atlanta, Georgia. Martin Luther King Jr. was born in an upstairs room of this two-story Queen Anne-style house on January 15, 1929. He lived here, at 501 Auburn Avenue, until 1941. A large sign with information about the home stands in the front yard.
- Metadata URL:
- Contributing Institution:
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (Project)