- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- Report of special committee on integration in our public school system
- National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This January 25, 1956 report makes recommendations as to how member churches of the National Council on Churches should work to support school desegregation in their communities. The recommendations reaffirm and advance a 1955 resolution adopted by the National Council of Churches which states: "Now that the Supreme Court has spoken (regarding segregation in the public schools) we urge that churches as represented in the Council accept the decision of the Court as the law of the land and endeavor as fully as possible, in the spirit of Christ, to realize an integrated public school system."
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries