- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter from Benjamin L. Smith to Harry McMullian]
- Smith, Benjamin Lee
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- In this two-page letter, dated August 23, 1954, Greensboro Superintendent of Schools Benjamin L. Smith recommends that North Carolina Attorney General Harry McMullian attend hearings regarding the Brown v. Board of Education decision. Smith discusses why the decision was inevitable, why the South will struggle with it, and why compliance is necessary. Copies were also sent to Governor William B. Umstead and Thomas Pearsall.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries