- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Response from Chancellor Ferguson to Janyce Brewer about UNCG Black Power Forum]
- Ferguson, James Sharbrough
- Date of Original:
- Black power
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Black power--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter, dated November 30, 1967, is University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) Chancellor James Ferguson's response to a November 27, 1967 letter from Janyce Brewer and Thomasine Oliver of the UNCG Student Government Association. The original letter thanked the chancellor for his public comments following the controversial Black Power Forum held November 1-3, 1967 at UNCG. Ferguson's response thanks both students for the letter and expresses his hope that he has contributed to an "improved understanding" of the issue.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.8 Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries