- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Response Letter from Chancellor Ferguson to Franklin D. Parker]
- Ferguson, James Sharbrough
- Date of Original:
- Black power
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Black power--North Carolina--Greensboro
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This letter, dated November 17, 1967, is a response from University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson to Franklin D. Parker, a professor in UNCG's Department of History and Political Science. Parker had originally written Ferguson on November 19, 1967, thanking him for his comments of the controversial Black Power Forum, held November 1-3, 1967 at UNCG, and also expressing some reservations about the forum. Ferguson's response thanks Tedford for his support and concedes that the UNCG students exhibited some naivete with respect to the forum.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- NO COPYRIGHT - UNITED STATES. This item has been determined to be free of copyright restrictions in the United States. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
UA2.8 Chancellor James Sharbrough Ferguson Records
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries