- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- Film recreates Woolworth sit-ins
- Willis, Laurie
- Contributor to Resource:
- Parker, James
- Date of Original:
- Greensboro Sit-ins, Greensboro, N.C., 1960
Civil rights demonstrations
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- clippings (information artifacts)
- This July 31, 1989 article published in the Greensboro News & Record reports on the making of a film about the 1960 Greensboro sit-ins by student Steven Channing of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The film was shot on location at the Greensboro Woolworth store and was part of a three-part series on North Carolina history. This article was clipped and saved in a scrapbook by Clarence "Curly" Harris, manager of the Greensboro Woolworth store at the time of the 1960 sit-ins. The article is illustrated with photos by Greensboro News & Record photographer James Parker.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- IN COPYRIGHT. This item is subject to copyright. Contact the contributing institution for permission to reuse.
- 9" x 11"
- Original Collection:
MSS141 Clarence Lee Harris Papers, circa 1916-1997
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries