- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter from Helen Ashby to Benjamin L. Smith]
- Ashby, Helen B., 1915-
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- Ashby, Helen B., 1915- --Correspondence
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This September 23, 1957 letter from Helen Ashby, on behalf of the Greensboro YWCA board of directors, to Greensboro public school superintendent Benjamin L. Smith, commends Smith and the Greensboro School Board for their decision to desegregate schools. A copy of the letter was sent to John R. Foster.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries