- Greensboro Voices: Voicing Observations in Civil Rights and Equality struggles
- [Letter from Benjamin L. Smith to Mrs. E. C. Brooks]
- Smith, Benjamin Lee
- Date of Original:
- Segregation in education--United States
- United States, North Carolina, Guilford County, Greensboro, 36.07264, -79.79198
- This January 13, 1958 letter from Benjamin L. Smith to Mrs. E. C. Brooks thanks Brooks for her letter of encouragement during the desegregation of two all-white schools in Greensboro in 1957. Smith writes of harassment from some white citizens as well as his hopes that people will begin to realize desegregation must be implemented.
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- COPYRIGHT NOT EVALUATED. The copyright status of this item has not been fully evaluated and may vary for different parts of the item. The user is responsible for determining actual copyright status for any reuse of the material.
- 8.5" x 11"
- Original Collection:
RL.01210 Benjamin Lee Smith Papers
- Contributing Institution:
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro. University Libraries