Wood, John Q.
Walthall County, Mississippi voting registrar who struck African American SNCC registration worker John Hardy on the head with a pistol on September 7, 1961 for his attempt to register African Americans.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Lipsky--SNCC, Mississippi, New Jersey (Michael Lipsky and David J. Olson Papers, 1935-1981; Z: Accessions, M96-024, Box 1, Folder 6) (Clippings (information artifacts))
- SAVF-Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) (Social Action vertical file, circa 1930-2002; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 577, Box 48, Folder 4) (Programs)
- SEDFRE--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party Congressional Challenge, 1964-1965 (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 32 Folder 25) (Legal documents)