Wilmore, Gayraud S.
African American Presbyterian theologian and professor. From 1964 to 1972, he served as the executive director of the United Presbyterian Commission on Religion and Race.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Beech--Incoming correspondence, January-August, 1964 (Robert Beech papers, 1963-1972; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 945, Box 2, Folder 2) (Correspondence)
- CORE--Civil Rights organizations other than CORE or SNCC - Correspondence, 1964-1965 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 1, Segment 7) (Correspondence)
- Freedom Information Service--WATS reports, September 1964 (Freedom Information Service records, 1962-1979; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 780, Reel 1, Segment 7) (Reports)
- Stromquist--Mississippi Freedom Project background information, 1964 (Shelton Stromquist papers, 1963-1978; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 641, Box 1, Folder 3) (Clippings (information artifacts))