Wiley, George A.
Dr. George A. Wiley was a prominent civil rights activist and welfare rights organizer. His father, Daniel Wiley, was a founder of the Rhode Island chapter of the National Urban League. -- New York Times, "Law interns focus on human rights," May 10, 1987.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Robinson--Correspondence, 1964-1966 (Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 1) (Correspondence)
- SEDFRE--Press Releases 1963-1966 (CORE) (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 31, Folder 16)Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 31 Folder 16 (Press releases)
- March on Milwaukee: Civil Rights History Project (Golda Meir Library (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries))
- Wisconsin Historical Images (Wisconsin Historical Society)