African American civil rights activist in Holly Springs, Mississippi. He and his wife, Rita Walker, ran the Holly Springs Freedom House. The Walkers were forced out of Mississippi in 1966.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Hard--Sandra Hard papers, 1964 -1965 (Archives Main Stacks, SC 642) (Correspondence)
- Lipsky--Holly Springs, 1964-1966 (Michael Lipsky and David J. Olson papers, 1935-1981; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 851, Box 1, Folder 5) (Correspondence)
- Walker--WATS Line reports, 1964-1965 (Samuel Walker papers, 1964-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 655, Box 1, Folder 4) (Reports)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)