Thompson, Fletcher, 1925-
"Representative from Georgia; born in College Park, Fulton County, Ga., February 5, 1925; attended the public schools and Russell High School in East Point, Ga., graduated from Emory University in 1949 and from Woodrow Wilson College of Law in 1957; was admitted to the bar in 1958 and commenced the practice of law in East Point, Ga.; president of an insurance firm; served in the United States Army Medical Corps in 1943; served as navigator with the Air Rescue Service in the United States Army Air Corps, 1944-1946; during the Korean conflict, 1950-1953, served as pilot with the United States Air Force; elected to the Georgia general assembly as State senator from the thirty-fourth senatorial district in 1964; elected as a Republican to the Ninetieth and to the two succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1967-January 3, 1973); was not a candidate in 1972 for reelection to the United States House of Representatives but was an unsuccessful candidate for election to the United States Senate; resumed the practice of law in Atlanta; owns and operates a trucking company; member, Atlanta Regional Commission, 1985; is a resident of Marietta, Ga."--Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Baldy Editorial Cartoons, 1946-1982, 1997: Clifford H. Baldowski Editorial Cartoons at the Richard B. Russell Library. (Digital Library of Georgia)
- --He can't do nuthin' right! / Baldy, [1969 Sept. 28]. (Editorial cartoons)
- --Let's wrap 'em up an' slip 'em through, Fletcher! / Baldy, 1972 (Editorial cartoons)
- --Score! / Baldy, [ca. 1966] (Editorial cartoons)
- --You don't see my head stuck out on things that don't concern me! / Baldy, [1967 Aug. 18]. (Editorial cartoons)