Schechner, Richard, 1934-
Jewish American theater director who, while in New Orleans between 1962 and 1965, served as one of three producing directors of the Free Southern Theater and one of three founding directors of the New Orleans Group.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- CORE--Mississippi Free Press - Newspaper, 1964 Feb. 8-Aug. 1 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 3, Segment 69) (Newsletters)
- Robinson--Miscellaneous, 1964-1965 (Jo Ann Ooiman Robinson papers, 1960-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 191, Box 1, Folder 9) (Periodicals)
- SAVF-Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) papers (Social Action vertical file, circa 1930-2002; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 577, Box 15, Folder 1) (Reports)