Born on June 30, 1941, Robert Pardun was a twenty-two year old graduate student majoring in math at University of Texas when he volunteered to participate in the COFO sponsored Mississippi Freedom Project during the summer of 1964.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Belfrage--Location file: Biloxi, 1964, July-August (Sally Belfrage papers, 1962-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 599, Reel 1, Segment 9) (Reports)
- CORE--Council of Federated Organizations (COFO) - Memoranda and reports, 1964-1965 (Congress of Racial Equality. Mississippi 4th Congressional District records, 1961-1966; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 793, Reel 2, Segment 19) (Minutes (administrative records))
- Stromquist--Mississippi Freedom Project background information, 1964 (Shelton Stromquist papers, 1963-1978; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 641, Box 1, Folder 3) (Clippings (information artifacts))
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)