Participated in an NAACP protest outside Jarman shoe store in Pittsburgh, PA.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Documenting Our Past: The Teenie Harris Archive Project (Carnegie Museum of Art)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., shaking hands with man, possibly Jim McCoy, with Mike Desmond on his right, surrounded by men and women, including Charles Harris and Matt Moore (Black-and-white photographs)
- Group of protesters with signs reading "Down with Tokenism," "We protest discriminatory seniority units at US Steel" and "McKeesport UNPC," in front of Union Trust building, including James McCoy, Matthew Moore, Sr., Vince Matthews, Dr. Charles Greenlee, Rev. Donald McIlvaine, Charles Kendall, Charles Michaels, Mike Desmond, and Byrd Brown (Black-and-white photographs)
- Men, including James McCoy on right end, and women, outside Freedom House with sign in window "Black Citizens for Democracy Headquarters" protesting George Wallace (Black-and-white photographs)
- Protesters, including Bill Powell, James McCoy, Mal Goode, and Byrd Brown, and band, with placards reading: "Job opportunities for us too"; "We just want our God-given rights"; "The soundness of our cause should prick your conscience" outside Civic Arena (Black-and-white photographs)
- Protesters including Johnny Grice, Dorothy K. Williams, and James McCoy, outside of Jarman shoe store with NAACP signs reading "Don't patronize Fifth Avenue Shoe Store" (Black-and-white photographs)