Lins, Fred E., 1908-1967
Owner of the Lins-Hess Sausage factory in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and member of the Near Northside Non-Partisan Conference of Milwaukee in 1963; his presence on a Milwaukee city commission was protested by civil rights groups after he made a series of racist comments about African Americans to a reporter from the Milwaukee Journal in 1963.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Integration Correspondence (John Davis Williams Library (University of Mississippi))
- March on Milwaukee: Civil Rights History Project (Golda Meir Library (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries))
- Oral History Interview with Cecil Brown Jr. and Loretta, August 9, 1995, part II (Sound recordings)
- Oral History Interview with Juanita Adams and Arlene Johnson, June 15, 1995, Part I (Sound recordings)
- Oral History Interview with Juanita Adams and Arlene Johnson, June 15, 1995, part III (Sound recordings)