Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967
Wikipedia 26 Oct. 2012: American poet, social activist, novelist, playwright, and columnist. He was one of the earliest innovators of the then-new literary art form jazz poetry. Hughes is best known for his work during the Harlem Renaissance.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Butler Center for Arkansas Studies Oral History Collections (Butler Center for Arkansas Studies)
- W. W. Law Moving Image and Sound Collection (City of Savannah Municipal Archives)
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection (Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection)
- Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of activities organized for Poor People's Campaign participants visiting Atlanta and a Poor People's Campaign rally with speakers Coretta Scott King, Ralph D. Abernathy and Hosea Williams, Atlanta, Georgia, 1968 May 9 (moving images)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of Ben Lucas, Board of Commissioners chair and an African American man discussing African American grievances in Rome, Georgia, 1971 September 2 (moving images)