Charles Haynes was a student at Tougaloo College during the 1960s when he, along with other students from the Jackson, Mississippi area, participated in an Anti-Vietnam War demonstration during a visit from Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Freedom Information Service--WATS reports,July 1964 (Freedom Information Service records, 1962-1979; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 780, Reel 1, Segment 5) (Reports)
- King--July, 1964 WATS Line Calls (Mary E. King papers , 1962-1999; Z: Accessions, M82-445, Box 1, Folder 8) (Reports)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)
- Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission photograph of Tougaloo College students Charles Haynes and Abraham Gates (left to right) standing in front of a Western Union storefront during an Anti-Vietnam War demonstration protesting Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara's visit to Jackson, Mississippi, 1967 February 24 (Black-and-white photographs)