Tom Hayden, college journalist, SNCC and SDS activist, and Casey Hayden's husband, was a white volunteer who rode the train from Atlanta to Albany on December 10, 1961 and was arrested for trying to integrate the station there.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Anne Braden Oral History Project (Kentucky Virtual Library)
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Eyes on the Prize Interviews (Washington University in St. Louis University Libraries)
- Freedom Riders' 40th Anniversary Oral History Project, 2001 (University of Mississippi Libraries)
- Wisconsin Historical Images (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection (Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection)