Hardy, John W.
African American civil rights activist associated with the Nashville Movement who as a SNCC voter registration worker was beaten by Walthall County, Mississippi registrar John Q. Wood when he tried to register voters on September 7, 1961. Hardy was arrested for disturbing the peace.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Heath--Writings, publications, and sources - Writings by Blacks about Freedom Schools, 1964 (William Heath research papers , 1963-1997; Archives Main Stacks, M2009-045, Box 6, Folder 6) (Affidavits)
- King--SNCC Communications Section (Mary E. King papers , 1962-1999; Z: Accessions, M82-445, Box 1, Folder 14) (Reports)
- SEDFRE--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party Congressional Challenge, 1964-1965 (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 32 Folder 25) (Legal documents)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)