Greenberg, Jack, 1924-
"Research assistant New York State Law Revision Commission, 1949; assistant counsel National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense and Educational Fund, 1949-61, dir.-counsel, 1961-84; argued in school segregation, sit-in, employment discrimination, poverty, capital punishment, other cases before U.S. Supreme Court; adjunct professor Columbia University Law School, 1970-84, professor, vice-dean, 1984-89, professor New York City, 1993-2006, Alphonse Fletcher Junior professor law, 2007-; dean Columbia College, 1989-93 ... Consultant Center Applied Legal Studies, University Witwatersrand, 1978; visiting lecturer Yale University Law School, 1971; visiting professor City College of New York, 1977, Tokyo University, 1993-94, 99, St. Louis University Law School, 1994, Lewis and Clark Law School, 1994-98, Princeton University, 1995, University Munich, 1998; lecturer Harvard University Law School, 1983, Hebrew University, 2005; distinguished lecturer humanities Columbia College Physicians and Surgeons, 1998, University Nurenberg-Erlangen, 1999, Hebrew University, 2005, University Auckland, New Zealand, 2005 ... Board directors New York City Legal Aid Society, International League for Human Rights, Mex.-Am. Legal Defense Fund, 1968-75, Asian Am. Legal Defense Fund, 1980-, Human Rights Watch, 1978-98, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Legal Defense and Educational Fund."--Who's who.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Civil Rights Library of St. Augustine (Proctor Library)
- Isaiah DeQuincey Newman, (1911-1985), Papers, 1929-2003 (University of South Carolina University Libraries Digital Collections)
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000 (University of South Carolina University Libraries Digital Collections)
- With an Even Hand: Brown vs. Board at Fifty (Library of Congress)