Gordon, Albert F.
At the age of 27, Gordon, then a history teacher at Brooklyn, New York's Tilden High School and a CORE member, rode from Montgomery, Alabama to Jackson, Mississippi via Trailways on July 9, 1961. He was arrested. Gordon was involved in both the labor and civil rights movements.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Arrest record and offense reports (Federal government records)
- FBI file #157-333 regarding arrest of freedom riders; July 14, 1961 (Federal government records)
- FBI teletype, SAC Mobile to Director FBI and SAC-S New Orleans, New York, and Chicago; July 9, 1961 (Federal government records)
- SAC New Orleans to Director, FBI; October 11, 1961 (Federal government records)
- Freedom Riders' 40th Anniversary Oral History Project, 2001 (University of Mississippi Libraries)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)