Gellatly, Mary Sue
White female civil rights worker who participated in the Summer 1963 Nashville, Tennessee Voter Registration Project. In the summer of 1964, she worked in Hattiesburg and Palmer's Crossing, MS as a Freedom Summer volunteer and mainly worked on building the community center and on the adult literacy program. From the fall of 1964 to the summer of 1965, she was SNCC staff in Shaw, Mississippi working mainly on voter registration, the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, and the Mississippi Freedom Labor Union.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Barbara C. Jordan Archives (Portal to Texas History)
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Civil Rights Library of St. Augustine (Proctor Library)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000 (University of South Carolina)