Farris, Christine King
As of 2008, Christine King Farris is an associate professor of education and director of the Learning Resource Center at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia. A graduate of Spelman College in 1948, she has taught at the college since 1958. She is the sister of the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the only remaining member of his immediate family.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection (Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of crowds waiting outside of Ebenezer Baptist Church as the body of Alberta Williams King, mother of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., lies in state, Atlanta, Georgia, 1974 July 2 (Moving images)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of delegates to the National Association of Colored People convention picketing Johnny Reb's restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia, 1962 July 6 (News)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. recovering from surgery after being stabbed and of his wife and other hospital visitors in New York City, New York, 1958 September 22 (Moving images)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. responding to a question regarding the African American use of the principle of nonviolence, 1963 June (Moving images)