Participated in Black Monday Demonstration on behalf of the Black Construction Coalition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1969.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Documenting Our Past: The Teenie Harris Archive Project (Carnegie Museum of Art)
- Byrd Brown, Reverend Jimmy Joe Robinson, and Mike Desmond leading protest march, with photographer Coles, police chief William Mugsy Moore, man in hardhat, and man standing on van in background (Black-and-white photographs)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., shaking hands with man, possibly Jim McCoy, with Mike Desmond on his right, surrounded by men and women, including Charles Harris and Matt Moore (Black-and-white photographs)
- Group of protesters with signs reading "Down with Tokenism," "We protest discriminatory seniority units at US Steel" and "McKeesport UNPC," in front of Union Trust building, including James McCoy, Matthew Moore, Sr., Vince Matthews, Dr. Charles Greenlee, Rev. Donald McIlvaine, Charles Kendall, Charles Michaels, Mike Desmond, and Byrd Brown (Black-and-white photographs)
- Mike Desmond, Rev. Jimmy Joe Robinson, Nate Smith, and Byrd Brown, leading protest march, with protesters including Vince Roots Wilson and Dr. Norman Johnson, police, and James Swampman Williams in hardhat, standing on street with St. Benedict the Moor church in background (Black-and-white photographs)
- Rev. Jimmy Joe Robinson preparing to lead protest march, with Bill Powell, Mike Desmond, men in hard hats, and others carrying flags with wreath wrapped around fist motif, with St. Benedict the Moor church in background (Black-and-white photographs)