Chicago native, nurse, and state Director of the Freedom Summer health clinics in 1964.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Ewen--SNCC-COFO - Project Reports, November 1964 (Stuart Ewen papers, 1961-1965; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 531, Box 1, Folder 5;) (Reports)
- Walker -- Staff Reports 1964-1965 (Samuel Walker Papers, 1964-1966; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 655, Box 1, Folder 6) (Reports)
- Young--Medical Committee on Human Rights volunteer information, 1964 (Quentin Young papers, 1964-1975; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 880, Box 4 Folder 14) (Forms (documents))