Ben Clark was an active member of SCLC in Georgia and Alabama, when he came to Mississippi during the 1960s and participated in a demonstration in Jackson, Mississippi to protest a visit to the city by Defense Secretary Robert McNamara.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- Kaplow--Friends of SNCC - General, 1964-1967, undated (Alicia Kaplow papers, 1964-1968; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 507, Box 1, Folder 6) (Reports)
- Montgomery--SNCC: Circulars, newsletters, program outlines, incidents, 1963-1966 (Lucile Montgomery Papers, 1963-1967; Historical Society Library Microforms Room, Micro 44, Reel 3, Segment 48) (Pamphlets)
- SAVF-Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) (Social Action vertical file, circa 1930-2002; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 577, Box 47, Folder 7) (Memorandums)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)
- Voices Across The Color Line Oral History Collection, 2005-2006 (Atlanta History Center)