Britt, Travis O.
Travis O. Britt was a twenty-seven year old cafeteria worker in Washington, DC when he was arrested for his participation in the Freedom Rides. As part of the Freedom Ride Britt rode on the Illinois Central Railroad from New Orleans, Louisiana to Jackson, Mississippi where he was arrested with nine others on 8 June 1961. Britt later married fellow freedom rider Gwendolyn T. Greene.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Civil Rights in Mississippi Digital Archive (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
- Freedom summer digital collection (Wisconsin Historical Society)
- SEDFRE--Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party Congressional Challenge, 1964-1965 (Scholarship, Education and Defense Fund for Racial Equality records, 1944-1976; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 546, Box 32 Folder 25) (Legal documents)
- Zinn --Interview transcripts, 1963-1965 (Howard Zinn Papers, 1956-1994; Archives Main Stacks, Mss 588, Box 3, Folder 10) (Transcripts)
- Series 2515 : Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission Records Online, 1994-2006, Photographs (Mississippi Department of Archives and History)