Briggs, Eliza, d. 1998
Sued to end public school segregation in Clarendon County, South Carolina in Briggs v. Elliott. The case was one of the five that became part of Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Eyes on the Prize Interviews (Washington University in St. Louis University Libraries)
- Rev. Joseph A. DeLaine Papers ca. 1918-2000 (University of South Carolina)
- Letter, 1971 Nov. 22, (Charlotte, N.C.), Joseph A. DeLaine, Sr., to Richard Kluger, (Ridgefield, C.T.) (Letters (correspondence))
- Photograph, 1949 - 1950, (Summerton, S.C.), of Eliza Briggs, School Days (Black-and-white photographs)
- Program, 1998, (Summerton, S.C.), Home Going Services of the Late Mrs. Eliza G. Briggs, 1917-1998, St. Mark A.M.E. Church (Programs)