Boone, Joseph E., 1922-2006
African American civil rights worker and pastor at Rush Memorial Congregational Church in Atlanta. Important member of the Atlanta Movement and chief negotiator for Operation Breadbasket, the economic development area of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC).
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Voices Across The Color Line Oral History Collection, 2005-2006 (Atlanta History Center)
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection (Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of African American leader Joseph E.Boone speaking for victims of police assault in Columbus, Georgia, 1971 June 24 (News)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of African Americans celebrating and demonstrating as they prepare for the Poor People's March on Washington, 1968 (News)
- WSB-TV newsfilm clip of Hosea Williams speaking about the possibility of violence in the Civil Rights movement, 1966 July (News)