Barry, Marion, 1936-
Civil rights activist, mayor of Washington, D.C., and politician. Barry was elected the first chairman of SNCC (Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee) and moved to Washington, D.C. in 1965 to open a local chapter.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Anne Braden Oral History Project (Kentucky Virtual Library)
- Beck Cultural Exchange Center Collection (Beck Cultural Exchange Center)
- Eyes on the Prize Interviews (Washington University in St. Louis University Libraries)
- Freedom Riders' 40th Anniversary Oral History Project, 2001 (University of Mississippi Libraries)
- Wisconsin Historical Images (Wisconsin Historical Society)