Anderson, Norma L. (Norma Lee)
Born Norma Lee Dixon in Atlanta, Ga. and wife of Albany Movement president, Dr. William G. Anderson. She led a protest at the Trailways terminal in Albany, Georgia on December 21, 1961.
Archival Collections and Reference Resources
- Documenting Our Past: The Teenie Harris Archive Project (Carnegie Museum of Art)
- New Georgia Encyclopedia (New Georgia Encyclopedia)
- WSB-TV Newsfilm Collection (Walter J. Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection)
- Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of African American civil rights workers, Georgia National Guardsmen, and city officials in Albany, Georgia, 1961 December (News)
- Series of WSB-TV newsfilm clips of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. speaking at a mass meeting as well as a civil rights march and the arrest of marchers in Albany, Georgia, 1961 December (News)