Cartoon Research Library (Ohio State University)
- Cartoon Research Library (Ohio State University)
- The Cartoon Research Library's primary mission is to develop a comprehensive research collection documenting American printed cartoon art, to organize the materials, and to provide access to these resources.
- Current holdings include more than: 250,000 original cartoons; 34,500 books; 1,000 serial titles; 2,800 linear feet of manuscript materials; and 2.5 million comic strip clippings and tear sheets. Collection highlights include a unique collections of original art and manuscript materials including among others, the Nick Anderson Collection, the Jim Borgman Collection, the Eldon Dedini Collection, the Edwina Dumm Collection, the Will Eisner Collection, the Woody Gelman Collection of Winsor McCay cartoons, the Walt Kelly Collection, the Toni Mendez Collection, and the Bill Watterson Deposit Collection; archival professional records including the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, National Cartoonists Society, Newspaper Features Council, and Cartoonists Guild; a biographical registry of cartoonists containing files for more than 5,000 cartoonists and clipping files organized by cartoon-related subjects; the San Francisco Academy of Comic Art Collection, acquired from its director, Bill Black beard, in 1998. This gives the library the largest collection of newspaper comic strip tear sheets and clippings in the world. Search the on-line finding aid at Guide to the San Francisco Academy of Comic Art Collection; en extensive collection of Japanese comics known as manga searchable at The Ohio State University Manga Website.
- The Ohio State University
- Institution homeCompact list of all itemsView both institution items