|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of obstetrics ward for African American women, Dalton, Whitfield County, Georgia, 1951]|
Dalton, 1951. Interior of Hamilton Memorial Hospital showing the obstetrics ward for black women. This was one of the major improvements to the hospital at this time. The hospital, built in 1920, was named for George W. Hamilton, President of Crown Cotton Mills. This part of the hospital is located on Wall and Selvidge Streets.
|Subjects:||Interior architecture--Georgia--Dalton | Segregation--Georgia--Dalton | Hospitals--Georgia--Dalton | African Americans--Georgia--Dalton | Public Health--Georgia--Dalton | Dalton (Ga.) | Whitfield County (Ga.)|
|Collection:||Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia||Contributors:||Georgia Archives||Online Publisher:||2004||Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:wtf148|