|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Postcard of Mrs. H. A. Williams' students at Thomas J. Elder High School, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia, 1934 Mar. 18]|
Sandersville, March 18, 1934. Students in Mrs. H. A. Williams' class at the Thomas J. Elder High School gather in front of the school for this photograph. This school, located on Hall Street, began as the Sandersville Industrial School. In 1932 it was renamed Thomas J. Elder High School in honor of Mr. Elder who was the first principal. Elementary students, as seen in this photograph, also attended classes here.
|Subjects:||Segregation--Georgia--Sandersville | Schools--Georgia--Sandersville | Children--Georgia--Sandersville | African Americans--Georgia--Sandersville | Architecture--Georgia--Sandersville | Education--Georgia--Sandersville | Sandersville (Ga.) | Washington County (Ga.)|
|Collection:||Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia||Contributors:||Georgia Archives||Online Publisher:||2004||Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:was284|