|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of Sandersville Industrial School, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia, 1900]|
Sandersville, 1900. Sandersville Industrial School before improvements were made. The school served black students. It was located on Hall Street. Thomas J. Elder was the first principal of the school. He was assisted by his wife, Mrs. Lillian L. Phinizy Elder. In 1932 this school was renamed Thomas J. Elder High School in honor of Mr. Elder.
|Subjects:||Segregation in education--Georgia--Sandersville | Schools--Georgia--Sandersville | African Americans--Georgia--Sandersville | Architecture--Georgia--Sandersville | Education--Georgia--Sandersville | Sandersville (Ga.) | Washington County (Ga.)|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Contributors:||Georgia. Dept. of Archives and History | Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:was188|