|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of Thomas J. Elder High School, Sandersville, Washington County, Georgia, 1961]|
Sandersville, 1961. Thomas J. Elder High School located on Hines Street. This school served black students at the time of the photograph, but it was later integrated. This structure was built in 1959. The black school had originally been founded as the Sandersville Industrial School. In 1932 it was renamed in honor of Mr. Elder.
|Subjects:||High schools--Georgia--Sandersville | Segregation in education--Georgia--Sandersville | Architecture--Georgia--Sandersville | Education--Georgia--Sandersville | Schools--Georgia--Sandersville | United States, Georgia, Washington County, Sandersville, 32.9815431, -82.810138|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:was148|