|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||Old building of Fair Street School when it was a school for African-Americans. The Board of Education voted to build new classrooms in 1951. In 1934 there were 431 Black students.|
Gainesville, ca. 1935. Fair Street School seen here when it was a school attended by black students. In 1951 additional rooms were built to accommodate the growing student population.
|Subjects:||Segregation in education--Georgia--Gainesville | Schools--Georgia--Gainesville | African Americans--Georgia--Gainesville | Architecture--Georgia--Gainesville | Education--Georgia--Gainesville | Gainesville (Ga.) | Hall County (Ga.)|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:hal359|