|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of Central High School gym, Newnan, Coweta County, Georgia, ca. 1950]|
Newnan, ca. 1950. Gym at Central High School, which is located on McIntosh Street. When the school was built ca. 1946 only black students attended classes there. In 1969, when schools were merged, ninth and tenth grade students went there.
|Subjects:||Segregation in education--Georgia--Newnan | African Americans--Georgia--Newnan | Architecture--Georgia--Newnan | Education--Georgia--Newnan | School buildings--Georgia--Newnan | Newnan (Ga.) | Coweta County (Ga.)|
|Collection:||Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia||Contributors:||Georgia Archives||Online Publisher:||2004||Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:cow097|