|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of the first school for African American children in Saint Marys, Saint Marys, Camden County, Georgia, ca. 1920-1923?]|
St. Marys, early 1920s. The first school building for black children in St. Marys. Located on Osborne Street. Formerly used for whites, the building was given to the black community in 1914.
Caption reads: ". . . St. Marys was given to the Negro people. It was moved from a spot down town to the spot where the St. Marys Railroad train shop (1979) stands. . ."
|Subjects:||Segregation in education--Georgia--Saint Marys | African Americans--Georgia--Saint Marys | Architecture--Georgia--Saint Marys | Education--Georgia--Saint Marys | School buildings--Georgia--Saint Marys | Saint Marys (Ga.) | Camden County (Ga.)|
|Collection:||Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia||Contributors:||Georgia Archives||Online Publisher:||2004||Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:cam008|