|Click here to view the item|
|Title:||[Photograph of students and teachers at Henderson Grove School, Gwinnett County, Georgia, 1913]|
Henderson Grove community (Gwinnett County), 1913. Students and teachers at Henderson Grove School pose for a photograph in front of the school. This one-room school for blacks was built ca. 1911. It was located in Gwinnett County until July 7, 1914 when this area became part of newly created Barrow County. In 1950 when consolidated schools came into existence, the Henderson Grove School was used no more. The structure was later torn down.
|Subjects:||Segregation in education--Georgia--Henderson Grove | African Americans--Georgia--Barrow County | Architecture--Georgia--Barrow County | Education--Georgia--Barrow County | Portraits--Georgia--Barrow County | Schools--Georgia--Henderson Grove | Barrow County (Ga.)|
|Institution:||Digital Library of Georgia|
|Rights and Usage:|
Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
|Persistent Link to Item:||http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/vang/id:brw061|